Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update on Yesterday's Blog

Update on Yesterday’s Blog


Note: This is a repost from my myspace blog.

First I want to thank all the...person... who emailed me with her kind, supportive words regarding my last blog entry. Nonetheless, to illustrate my point I'd like to share what happed today with you, my reader(s).

A week or so ago a friend of mine joined myspace and told me about a man in Oak Harbor who was Wiccan and was hoping to meet other Wiccans on the Island. You can view his profile here. I sent him a invitation request explaining that though I didn't know him, I too am Wiccan, and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. When he added me later, I sent him my standard "Thanks for the add and welcome to my circle of friends" comment. When I sent the comment, it had to be approved by him before appearing on his page, which isn't unusual on myspace.

Later when I, noticed that he added me, I went back to his page to read it further and look at his pictures. I noticed that my comment wasn't on his page. Ok I thought, he's in the military, maybe he doesn't want his friends to know he's got a gay person on his friends list. I know I know, if I really believed that I should have just removed him from my friend's list right then and there. But there could have been any number of reasons why my comment didn't appear on his page.

So the other day, I sent him the following email:

"So...merry meet

Just wanted to say hi, I don't like to be one of those ppl who add you and never communicate with you again. I'm not one of those ppl who beg for comments and then never respond to them either.

How long have you been on the island? Have you met a lot of wiccans? I've been here just over 2 years, but haven't really met a lot. There was a WIPNO (Whidbey Island Pagan Night Out) group when I first came here, but they didn't really seem to do anything.

I had an ad on witchvox, but finally deleted it after I had over 1000 hits and not one person contact me. I hate to think it's because I'm gay, as I dont like to use that as an excuse or a 'crutch', but wiccans are human too and they have their prejudices as well.

Anyway, I'm glad that you added me and I hope you won't be a stranger on here.

dean/sweet william

After I had a stressful day at work last night (again Marigold I'm sorry) I came home to check my email before going to bed and I noticed that I had one less friend on myspace. Hmmm, which one I wonder.....did you say Jason? Bingo!!! As if I didnt feel bad enough (Marigold it really was all Jimbo's fault).

And the moral of the story....Wiccans are people too, if you cut them they bleed, if you poison them they die, if you burn them at the stake you can make some kick ass smores (but that's besides the point). They have their virtues and their vices, including personal prejudices. Are you listening young witches---The point is that just because someone is (or claims to be) Wiccan, don't assume they aren't human as well but simply a work in progress...just like you and me.

Carolina Dean

No comments: