Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gettin' My Mojo Workin'

Photobucket

Yesterday, my Steady Work Vigil Candle finished burning down. Although it didn't leave any marks on the glass, which is a good sign, it did not completely burn away all the wax which is usually taken as a sign that there is unfinished business with the work. I'd like to point out, however, that the wick itself did burn completely.


In addition, in continuing my Sweet Spell a cloud has now appeared over the boot which symbolizes a message from the divine, but also confusion or obstacles.

Photobucket

So I placed the Vigil Candle aside for disposal later. I then removed everything from my altar and wiped it down with a clean, white cloth which I lightly dipped in ammonia to remove any previous energies. In addition, I cleaned my entire house from top to bottom and opened all the windows to let in come clean air and sunshine.

Finally, Friday night after the sun went down, I buried the left over Vigil Candle in the ground under my bedroom window (which also faces East). This was done to 'fix the work' and help it 'grow' with the Sun.

After this was done, I felt the urge to cast a new spell. I don't usually do spells without some thought or effort beforehand, but I've also learned to listen to that inner voice. So I flipped through my Book of Shadows and found the following spell.

Spell For Employment


Photobucket

You will need:

A White Candle
(for blessing and a clear path)

Two Blue Candles
(for wishes)

Orange Oil
(for money and prosperity)

Thyme
(to increase and protect money)

Bay Leaves
(for success and victory)

Ginger
(to heat things up and speed them along)

Mortar and Pestle
(for crushing herbs)

Pen and Paper
(for writing petitons)

Saucer

A Bible

To begin, mix three pinches each of the herbs in a mortar and pestle and add three drops of orange oil. Grind them together into they are one, while focusing on your goal.

Write a brief description of your job requirements and when you are done, turn the paper 90 degrees and write your name across this nine times. Draw dollar signs in the four corners of the paper, place a small bit of the herbal mixture in the center of the paper and anoint the four corners with orange oil. Fold the paper towards you three times and place this beneath an overturned saucer.

Using a pin or nail, inscribe your full name on the white candle and anoint it with Orange Oil, and roll it towards yourself in the herbal mixture until it is sufficiently covered. Inscribe the two blue candles with the words "Steady Work" anointing them with oil and rolling them in the herbal mixture as before. Place the White Candle on top of the overturned saucer and place the blue candles on either side of the white one.

Read Psalm 23 three times visualizing the events described in the Psalm as happening to you. For example, visualize the Lord anointing your head with oil, visualize your cup running over, etc...

Light the white candle and say:

"May the flame from this candle burn away all that stands in my way of obtaining the job that is right for me."

Hold the two blue candles in your hands, light them from the flame of the white candle and say:

"May the flames from these candles light my path and lead me to the job that is right for me."

Read Psalm 57 once. Don't rush through the recitation, but pay attention to the words and visualize the events in the Psalm happening to you.

Allow the candles to burn out on their own.

Although I have never seen anyone read signs from the order in which the candles burned themselves out, I'd like to note that the White candle burned down first, followed by the left Blue Candle and finally the right Blue candle. I interpreted this as meaning that I am eager to see results on this issue (the white candle represented me and my desire) and that I have "left" the wrong path and am now on the "right" track.

Later that night, I was somewhat bored and not quite ready to go to bed. I decided to perform a divination on the work I've done. So I pulled out my Tarot Cards and did a reading.

Photobucket

As per my usual method, before I shuffle the cards I cut them and put them back together. I then draw the top-most card and use this as a signifier. This card usually tells a great deal about a person, their outlook, and give an insight into what they will inquire about. I drew the Seven of Pentacles.

The Seven of Pentacles shows a man who has labored long and hard in his garden. The foliage is full, the blossoms are out - it seems that his work has paid off. Now he's taking a break to admire his handiwork. Seven is also the number of the dreamer, the mystic, the psychic.

This description corresponds quite well with my present outlook, as I had planted "seeds" of magick and was awaiting to see what they would grow into becoming.

I then shuffled the cards asking for information that would be assistance to me regarding my employment situation.

1. The Cover (Eight of Pentacles)

Your question concerns your ability to provide for yourself though the work of your hands. You are actively seeking employment, and are attempting to shape reality and manifest a proper job through magickal means.

2. The Crossing (Nine of Pentacles)

Outwardly, you are attempting to exercise discipline and self-control. You are listening to the voice of inner knowing and confirm that your success is assured.

3. Where You Are Now (The Moon)

Right now you are somewhat depressed as you are prone to negative thinking. You are unsure of your future and see only obstacles in your path. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

4. Where You Wish to Be (The Tower)

You desire swift change, the removal of obstacles and the purging of negative personality aspects. This is a lot to ask for and though it may come in time, you must exercise patience.

5. The Past (Three of Wands)

You establish yourself in the field of commerce in the past and this opportunity proved to be prosperous for you. But now you must turn away from the past, including negative behaviors, and consider exploring unfamiliar modes of employment.

6. The Future (Judgement)

I foresee that your efforts will bring about results in the form a message. There is a choice that you must make. I feel a sense of relief and freedom, but also a fear of things unfamiliar. It is possible that you will be offered a job beyond the scope of your skills and experiences.

7. Yourself (Four of Swords)

Swords rule our mental faculties and Four is the number of stability. You are using your time while unemployed to relax and let go of the stress of your previous job as well as to come to terms with your present circumstances and assess your future.

8. Those Around You (The Hierophant)

Your friends and close relations are there to support you. They are loyal and can be trusted. Heed their advice to be more willing to adapt in order to survive. Bend or be broken.

9. The Best You Can Hope For (Four of Cups)

This is the time to focus on yourself. You have a great opportunity for self-examination and pursue self-improvement. Learn from past mistakes, adjust, and move forward.

10. The Outcome (Six of Cups)

I foresee the opportunity for a fresh start and new growth, in a new, more pleasant environment. I see relief, joy, and contentment.

Additional Cards

Photobucket

The Knight of Cups

A man of vision will come forward and make your an offer or a proposal ( a job offer?) based on his gut instincts.

The Three of Cups

Three is the number of manifestation. What will manifest (a job) will be a cause of celebration, joy, and relief.

I predict that within 3 days time, I will be offered a job. As this reading occurred just after Midnight (Saturday the 14th) the offer should come by Tuesday the 17th.

Carolina Dean :)~

3 comments:

Tazzrina said...

keep heart, looks like things are shaping up for you.

The Sun and Moon
Shall smile on you
And bring the wish
that you hold true

Sandy said...

You are an amazing person. These spells that you are doing are so much more detailed and serious than almost any others that I have read at covenspace. Most individuals just say something fluffy over a lit candle and think they are really practicing witchcraft. You are really serious about all of this and your seventeen years of practicing are showing. I have trouble knowing where to even start. You are an inspiration. Reading about how you interpret the signs is amazing. I have to start learning from your BOS!

I am also in agreement with your prediction about a job simply because what you are predicting about your employment feels so right within my spirit. I do believe that a job is waiting for you and it will prove to be a better one that you will actually enjoy. Stay positive, I am trying to also. You will prove to be not only correct but very strong in the way you live your life. I am truly blessed to be able to say we are friends. Thank you.
Blessings.

Carolina Dean said...

Thanks Sandy,

I really appreciate your encouragement and support. It's also give me a great deal of satisfaction that someone is not only reading these entries but also actually learning something from my experiences.

Thanks Again and BB,

Carolina Dean :)~