Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Honoring the Succession of Teachers

Honoring the Succession of Teachers

Tonight as I sit here in the wake of yet another loss, my future uncertain, my spirit numb searching for that light at the end of the tunnel...I see echoes of the past, shadowy ghosts of those I've known before both friends and enemies urging me forward eager to share their gifts and remind me of my own inner strength and power.....

From Marion, my mother, who passed to me the love of reading and a thirst for knowlege reminding me that knowlege is power.

From Julie, who taught me the importance of taking care of others reminding me that I have friends to whom I can turn.

From Kaleb who taught me to look at the world with the eyes of a child, reminding me that there is a reason for everything and to have faith in the Creator's greater plan...

From Darla, who showed me that sometimes in order to grow, you have to be willing to make sacrifices, reminding me that success often comes in degrees...

From Michelle who showed me how to play the game, reminding me that a smile is just an animal baring its teeth without growling...

From Kristi, who showed me that work must be balanced by play, reminding me that one's identity and self-esteem should not be determined by their job.

From Todd, who showed me how low a person can fall and what can become of them when they give up, reminding me not to lose hope.

From Nick, who showed me that people can change, reminding me that I am a work in progress.....

Carolina Dean :)~

No comments: