Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Spell to Reduce & Eliminate Debt

Checking my lunar calendar, I see that today (Thursday) the Moon is Waning in Aries. As you may recall when the moon wanes, or decreases, it is traditionally a time to to shrink influences or to move things away from yourself. Thursday is associated with the Jupiter, the planet of expansion, luck, and riches. In addition, the moon in Aries is an ideal time to begin a projects and develop healthy patterns of behavior.

So with these astrological correspondences in mind, we want to begin to expand our riches by reducing debt and rid ourselves of unwise spending habits by developing strategies that will enable us to save money. Remember, it's not about how much money you make, it's about how much money you keep.

Spell to Reduce & Eliminate Debt

You Will Need:

A Green Candle
A Pin
A Saucer
High John the Conqueror Oil
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Allspice
Copies of all your Bills
Permanent Marker


Instructions:

Candles are flipped so as to burn them upside down and thus symbolically move things away from you, in this case your debt. To begin, cut the 'head' off of the green candle then turn it upside down and dig the wick out of its 'foot'.

Mix one teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together in a mortar and grind them with a pestle. As you grind the herbs, chant:

"This spell I cast, these words I chant,
to these herb this power grant;
decrease the debt that I owe,
that I may financial freedom know!"

When you are done, spread the herbal mixture out on a candle board (I use a small wooden cutting board.)

Next, using the pin carve the dollar amount that represents the total amount of your debt. Take the candle and hold it's bottom against your abdomen (as if you were going to insert it in your belly button.) and say

"In the divine name of She
who provides all things."

Dip your finger in the High John the Conqueror Oil and run your finger away from you along the candle over the dollar amount you etched into its wax three times saying,

"I banish debt!
I banish debt!
I banish debt!"

Roll the candle on the candle board away from yourself three times allowing the herbs to stick to the candle and say:

"I banish debt!
I banish debt!
I banish debt!"

Place the candle in a holder and set it aside. Take out your each of your bills and using a permanent marker write across them in big bold letters PAID IN FULL. Place these bills on a flat surface, and place an overturned saucer on top of them. Finally, place the candle holder on top of the overturned saucer.

Close your eyes and visualize yourself in a circle of light. When you are ready say:

"I call the Goddess to descend
upon this circle and to lend
your energies to this rite
and grant success unto my plight!"

Drawing power from around you, hold your hand over the candle and visualize this power going into the candle saying,

"As this candle melts away,
so do these debts that I must pay;
prosperity waxes as it wanes,
& through this loss I shall gain!

Say the incantation three times, feeling the power grow with each recitation. Finally, light the candle saying,

"May this spell
end well,
& with harm to none.
so be it done.
I now invoke the law of three,
in the name of Spirit
So Mote it Be!"

Allow the candle to burn out on it's own, then dispose of the ritual remains as normal.

Carolina Dean :)~

No comments: