Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2008

Steady Work # 2


Note:
I started a new job at the end of June as a Photo Technician with Walgreens in a town 20 miles away. My last job was less than a mile from my home and the added expense of purchasing gas, which is already high, on a more consistent basis has created more of a hardship for me. Although I got off to a somewhat rocky start due to the training methods of my employer, I’ve since improved by leaps and bounds in the performance of my job—with the exception of one area.

The geographical area in which I work is populated mostly of older, well-to-do, retirees. In the words of more than one of my managers and co-workers, our customers are “needy” and we are required to “baby” them. In fact, I don’t feel like a Photo Technician, I feel like a babysitter. Our customers cannot do the simplest thing for themselves. For example, on more than one occasion a customer will come into the store wanting to scan a photo to be copied, re-sized, etc… They will walk up to the Self-Service Kiosk at which this is done, take one look at the screen which flashes Touch Screen to Begin and the first thing they say is “I don’t know how to do this.”

Usually I am with another customer or doing some other task in my department so I’ll tell the customer to touch the screen and read the directions and I’ll come over if they have any questions. The point of this is to encourage the customer to learn how to do things on their own. However, the usual response is “I don’t know how to do that.” Now, I really want to ask them how they got to be that old without understanding the concept of touching a screen. I’m sure there have been times in which I sighed or looked away in total amazement as such total ineptitude and these customers are quick to pick up on every little facial movement, body language, etc.. and the first thing they do is go to management. In addition, Walgreens is terrified of losing a dime or being sued that they always side with the customers (even when they are clearly wrong and have been offensive to employees). I personally believe that there are many customers who take advantage of this policy and simply want something for nothing.

In addition, there have been more than a few personnel changes which have upset all those concerned. While my department manager has been away on vacation in Alaska, management has decided to move the most knowledgeable and senior Tech out of our department and make her a front casher. In addition, they have hired a new Tech. He came in right before my department manager left for vacation and promptly decided to change everything around to suit him. He has been described by other employees and customers as arrogant and bossy. Everyone in my department is upset that it is not him that they are removing from my department.

Overall, I am just not happy with this job. It is too far from my home. It does not pay well enough and I have to go on food stamps next month to feed myself. Although I like what I do, working with the film and the machine, the customers are awful. In order to successfully work at this place I am going to have to change who I am and this is not possible, so even though I stopped looking I feel it’s time to start my job search again and back it up with some magick!

Date: September 4th 2008

Moon Phase: New/Waxing

Moon Sign: Sagittarius

Day of Week: Thursday (Jupiter)

Hour of Day: Jupiter

Location: Oak Harbor, WA

Weather: 52 degrees and cloudy

Although I would prefer to moon to be in Capricorn, I think Sagittarius is appropriate in that it usually rules Spiritual Growth, Dreams, and Long Journeys; it being represented by the centaur it reminds me of Higher Learning and Movement on an issue.

Calculation of the Planetary Hours for Jupiter

According to the Farmer’s Almanac Sunrise is at 6:33 am today and Sunset is at 7:45 pm tonight. Therefore the day consists of 13 hours and 12 minutes of daylight.

13 X 60 = 780 + 12 = 792 / 12= 66 minutes

Each of the twelve planetary hours of the day will consists of 1 hour and 6 minutes each.

Hour

Beginning

Ending

Jupiter

6:33 am

7:39

Mars

7:39

8:45

Sun

8:45

9:51

Venus

9:51

10:57

Mercury

10:57

12:03

Moon

12:03

1:09

Saturn

1:09

2:15

Jupiter

2:15

3:21

Mars

3:21

4:27

Sun

4:27

5:33

Venus

5:33

6:39

Mercury

6:39

7:45 pm


Materials and Supplies Needed

White Glass Encased Candle

Steady Work Image

Incense

Pen

Square of Paper

Mortar and Pestle

Orange Oil

Sage

Chamomile

Basil

The Working Ritual


Note:
Beforehand, gather all your equipment and materials. Set up your altar or workspace in advanced and make sure that you have everything that you will need to perform the ritual.

1. Cleansing of Self

Begin by drawing a warm bath (water) in which you’ve placed a cup of salt or bath salts (element). Light a candle (fire), some incense (air) and play some soothing music (spirit). Totally immerse yourself in the water several times and completely relax, preparing yourself for the work to be done.

2. Creating Sacred Space

3. Cast the Circle

4. Call the Quarters

5. Invoke Deity

6. Perform the Working

· Using the pen and paper, write down exactly what you desire in a job being as specific as possible. Be sure to include such things as responsibilities, pay, distance from your home, the kind of people you will be working with, etc…

· Turn the paper 90 degrees and write your name across the description nine times. When you are done, put the paper aside for the time being.

· Place equal amounts of sage (wisdom, cleansing), chamomile (luck, money), and basil (happiness) in a mortar and grind them with a pestle until they are one. Add nine drops of Orange Oil.

· Anoint the four corners and center of the petition with Orange Oil. Place a strand of your hair in the center of the petition, along with a pinch of the herbal mixture. Fold the paper towards yourself three times, rotating it clockwise between each fold and place it on your pentagram.

· Bore nine holes at equidistant points in the tip of the glass encased candle. Add a drop of Orange Oil to each hole and gently cover each hole with a bit of the herbal mixture.

· Dip your finger in the Orange Oil and run it along the brim of the glass encased candle three times charging it with your intention. Say:

“Let a better job now replace,

the one in which I have no grace;

one that brings prosperity,

happiness & joy to me!”

· Light the candle and repeat your incantation three times.

7. Give Thanks

8. Release the Quarters

9. Open the Circle



Carolina Dean

No comments: