Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Magickal Use for Broken Dishes

The other day I reached into the cabinet to get a bowl for some soup I made and accidentally knocked one onto the floor where it broke. As I gathered up the shards I suddenly became possessed by the spirit of Martha Stewart!

This evil (?) spirit then directed me to place the larger shards on a doubled towel and smash them to smaller bits with a hammer. Next, I placed these shattered bits of ceramic in a medium sized jar along with some nails, pins, some hair from my hair brush, nail pairings, and finally I put the jar aside until the following morning.

The next day, I place my first mornings urine into the jar and sealed it shut as tight as possible. Later, I cleansed and blessed my little witch bottle and when night fell, I buried it a foot deep in the bushes outside the bedroom window of my apartment.

Finally, the evil spirit of Martha Stewart left my body and I was free from her grip. Also my house was spotless!

The purpose of witch bottles are to protect you from negativity and evil spells of others. It works much like a voodoo doll, in that it represents you. The magick that is sent to bedevil you becomes attracted to the bottle instead where it gets trapped inside caught up in the pins and nails, where it is finally sliced up and broken apart by the sharp edges of the broken dishes.

Many, many of these types of bottles have been unearthed in the last few hundered years and now have home in museums all over the world. The most common placed they are found are near the hearthstone, buried near the front door, up chimneys, and even plastered inside of walls! If any of these places are not possible for you, you can place your witch bottle in the back of a dark closet or cabinet where it will not be seen or disturbed.

It makes perfect sense to use your own dishes, which you have accidentally broken in your witch bottles. They are the dishes that you, presumbly, ate off of and shared meals with your family for a long time. Often, when moving to a new home, broken dishes are inevitable and what better way to bring blessings to your new home by taking a negative and turning it in to a positive!


Carolina Dean


4 comments:

Lodestone and Ladys Mantle said...

Evil spirit, lol.
That was the first time I giggled all day. Thank you!

The spirit of Martha Stewart just urges me to shop for child-sized ovens in her catalog, and consider gingerbread to be a valid form of architecture...

Carolina Dean said...

mmmmmm gingerbread babies........

that reminds me I have a small child chained up in the back of my closet I need to feed. You know the 15th meal is the most important one of the day.

Dean

Lodestone and Ladys Mantle said...

Of course! Breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, supper... ummm

I've left many a witch bottle scattered throughout the country on my travels. Wonder what people will think in a couple hundred years?

Concha said...

In Curanderismo we use these bottles too. Funny how all paths are in some way linked together.