Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Workbook of Shadows: Concieving & Achieving

As I announced on my own website carolinadean.com today, I've begun adding a section at the bottom of each chapter in my online Book of Shadows entitled Your Workbook of Shadows. Here, you'll find exercises and activities that you can do to assist you in beginning your own Book of Shadows and help you turn your knowledge into experience. Going through my own journals writing these exercises, I came across the technique below and decided to share it with my readers here on covenspace.


  1. Think of a goal that you would like to achieve. Write the goal in your journal. For example, you might write My goal is to be prosperous.

  1. Find a symbol, such as an astrological sign, a planetary sign, a rune, a number, etc...which represents your goal and draw that symbol below your written goal. For example you might choose the symbol for Taurus (wealth), Jupiter (expansion), Feoh (money), or even the dollar sign ($)

  1. Below the symbol write three positive statements concerning your goal. Such statements may include:

  • I am receiving all good things.
  • I am a money magnet.
  • All my needs are met and more.

  1. Repeat one of your positive statements throughout the day while visualizing your chosen symbol. Continue this practice until your goal is achieved then choose a new goal.

  1. Put the paper with your goal, symbol, and statement in a conspicuous place where you will often see it, such as your bathroom mirror, your refrigerator, your vision board, etc…

  1. Do not rely on this method alone to achieve your goal. Determine at least three things you can do in addition to this technique that will assist you in achieving your goal. Choose at least one of these actions and do them. Such actions can include:

  • Create and adhere to a budget.
  • Cutting back on un-necessary spending.
  • Take a second job.

  1. Record your progress in your journal.

Carolina Dean

No comments: