Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Burn, Witch, Burn!

A few nights ago I had a series of very vivid dreams, which is unusual for me. I don't put too much stock in my dreams because I rarely remember them and they are so hard to figure out. However, occasionally I will have a dream so vivid that I cannot ignore it. 

Upon awakening, I came straight to my computer and this is what I wrote about my dream. 

"I was at a dinner table with an old African American woman. She had white-hair, glasses,  and wore a black dress with a white collar. We seemed to be eating a Sunday dinner or a thanksgiving type dinner. There was ham, mashed potatoes, and other delicious foods. She told me if I wrote my wish on paper 82 times it would happen. Then she started giving me a spell to bring 11 men “low”. It involved Mark Chapter 11."

Having read up on numerology recently for a blog entry, I recalled that 11 is a master number associated with psychicism, and intuition. According to one source it " acts as a channel for information between the higher and the lower."  It is interesting that the person in my dream began telling me how to bring 11 men low. She also mention Mark Chapter 11, or Mark 11:11, which states

"And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide (afternoon) was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve."

Furthermore, there is a great deal of lore surrounded the appearance of the numbers 11:11 in one's daily life and dreams which suggest that the regular appearance of the number 11 is a sign of synchronicity and the opening of spiritual doorways.

I went back and read the full scripture and verses 23-26 really resonated with me. It occurs just after the disciples notice that a fig tree which Jesus had cursed the previous day has dried up. When questioned about this he replies 

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

So when you throw all this into the cauldron, what bubbles up? Well, its really hard for me to explain my logic behind what all this means, but suffice it to say that I have gone through several life-changing experiences the past year which have left me drained, apathetic, and fearful of my own future. I have been attempting to redisover the sacred in my own life and open doors for myself both spiritually and in the mundane.

I feel that the dream is telling me that I can open those door for myself, but before I can I must forgive the ones who have wronged me. To that end, I sat down last night and wrote letters to the ones who I feel have wrong me. I didn't worry about grammar, or punctuation I just said what was on my mind and poured out all my frustrations and anger on the page and finally forgave them for what they had done.

This morning I took those letters out on my patio and burned them in a pot to release them  to the universe and to be sure my message of forgiveness reached their intended target I chanted the following spell:

Mercury, ye messenger divine;
pray transmit these messages of mine;
see them safely to their destination, 
and rid me of my frustrations!

I have to admit that the ritual made me feel much better. Afterward, I did write my wish on paper 82 times (by hand with no word processor and not copy, cut, and paste) and laid it on my altar as a sign of my faith. I encourage you all to do the same, and if you do, let me know what comes to pass!

BB, 

Carolina Dean

2 comments:

Chiron Armand said...

Oh Carolina, there really is nothing more beautiful than following the wisdom of your dreams -- literally!

I see that dream as having some very deep serious meaning for you and I couldn't be happier that you followed through on the wisdom from it. I have to say that I'm going to do this as well. I think it's going to be a big release for me.

Blessings,
Chiron

Carolina Dean said...

Well the most immediate result is that I felt better afterward, and that is a beginning!