Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Binding Spell

In a previous blog entry, I mentioned binding as one method available to the witch in order to protect himself from harm by another. A binding-spell is a spell cast with the intention of preventing harm to oneself or another. It can also refer to preventing someone from performing a particular act such as murder, rape, or even spreading malicious gossip. 

Wiccan lore is full of stories about witches who have called upon the power of magick to bind rapist, catch criminals and, in perhaps one of the most famous stories, prevent the Nazis from invading England during World War II.  

In 1974, Zsuzsanna Budapest famously gathered her coven to hex, or bind,  the Trailside Killer who was terrorizing Southern California. Laurie Cabot, the Official Witch of Salem, has been interviewed in books, magazines, and on television programs such as Unsolved Mysteries showcasing how she was able to assist the police in capturing criminals by offering psychic insight, or binding the criminal in some way.

Today I'd like to share a simple, but powerful, candle spell designed to bind another from doing you any harm while simultaneously reversing any negative consequences of their actions against you back to them.  

To perform this spell you will need: 

Black Candle
Athame
Mirror
9 Pins

Directions:

Depending on the severity or consistency of the situation you will Cast a Circle, Call the Quarters, and/or Invoke Deity. At the very least, I suggest you cast a circle for this spell.

Flip the black candle and scratch the individual’s name on the it so that the letters appear backwards.If you do not know the name of the individual, simple write my enemy. When you are done, focus on the individual and visualizing them being completely powerless to do you any harm, insert the 9 pins in the candle at equidistant points saying the following with the insertion of each pin.

  • (N) I bind you by thought that you may not think ill of me.
  • (N) I bind you by word that you may not speak ill against me.
  • (N) I bind you by deed that you may not act against me.
  • N) I bind you by thought that you may not think ill of me.
  • (N) I bind you by word that you may not speak ill against me.
  • (N) I bind you by deed that you may not act against me
  • N) I bind you by thought that you may not think ill of me.
  • (N) I bind you by word that you may not speak ill against me.
  • (N) I bind you by deed that you may not act against me

The candle is then placed in a holder, on top of a mirror. If you have a photograph of the person, place it on top of the mirror face down.

Hold your hands over the candle forming the Triangle of Manifestation with your hands. Visualize the individual in the center of the triangle, bound and gagged (or whatever visualization you deem appropriate to the situation) and unable to do you any harm whatsoever. When you are ready, say the following with conviction.

Backwards!
Oh backwards from whence it came, 
reverse the blot upon my name;
and the weapons of (N) disarm,
that he may do me no furthur harm!

If you do not know the name of the individual simple substitute "my enemy". Please note that this incantation may not cover all cases and that you may have to write a different one with your specific situation in mind. 

Finally, light the candle and affirm “(N)  I bind your forever!”  


Carolina Dean 

No comments: