Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Witch-crafting: Make a Cup from a Soda Bottle


You will need:

  • A Soda Bottle
  • Scissors
  • Glue 
  • Paint
  • Ribbon
  • Tin Foil

STEP ONE: Start with a clean soda bottle. Rinse it out, remove the label and allow it to dry. 



STEP TWO: Using your scissors, remove the midsection of the soda bottle. Trim the cut edges of the two ends creating a smooth edge.



STEP THREE: Using superglue, connect the stem to the base (see photo below) at the rim. Allow to dry.



STEP FOUR: You can now decorate your cup by painting it, covering it with strips of tin foil (glued on), or paper mache, decorating it with ribbon, buttons, glitter, etc...Use your imagination.

Tips
  • If you fill the bottom in with paper-mache, it will weigh down the cup and make it less likely to tip over when accidentally bumped or knocked. 


---Carolina Dean

2 comments:

Cordelia said...

How creative and "green"! Great on the go chalice! No worry about breaking my ceramic chalice if I want to go out to the forest or lake for ritual! I am going to pass this on to my kids too for a good summer craft to do with the grands.

Carolina Dean said...

This is one of the crafts I taught in the prison ministry to allow inmates to have their own cup.

I've also had fun doing this craft with the baby a few times.

Unfortunately I don't have any paint or anything in the house right now to decorate the cup, when I do I'll post a picture of the finished cup.

One day I want to make one of this with a liter soda bottle and make a really BIG cup!