Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Affirmation Feb 2012

 
Affirmations are defined as a statement asserting the existence or the truth of something. In magick, affirmations are often worded in a positive manner and repeated over and over to ourselves either silently, or aloud. The idea is that we focus on inwardly that which we wish to manifest outwardly. However, it is not enough to simply repeat these statements, but we must also believe them to be true.

Belief is perhaps the most important factor in magickal thinking. If you don’t believe the words coming out of your mouth you’re not going to achieve any results. Affirmations help us build up our beliefs and make them more real. In fact, the word affirm come from the Latin word that means ‘to make solid’. When we are thinking positively, we are not thinking negatively; and in the absence of negative thoughts we grow to believe our words. With belief in our thoughts and words, comes the manifestation of our desires.

Writing Your Affirmations

While some people may have a difficult time thinking positively, it’s not very hard to write a positive statement. Here are some things to keep in mind when writing yours.

  1. Begin your affirmation with the words I AM. For example, I am wealthy rather than I will be wealthy. By stating that you will be wealthy it places your intent in the future rather than the present and that is precisely where your intent will manifest in the future, always before you, always out of reach.
  2. Make your affirmation active rather than passive. Directly after the words I am, include a word ending in –ing. For example, I am having, I am receiving, I am manifesting, etc...
  3. Avoid negative words and contractions. For example, repeat I am patient and understanding, rather than I won’t lose my temper. The point here is to focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.
  4. Be specific but keep it short. In order to get what you want, you must be clear about what you want. Avoid vague statements but keep your statement short as short affirmations are easier to remember. 
With the arrival of February and St. Valentine's day just around the corner many people's thoughts will now turn to love. Whether they want to attract it, increase it, improve it, re-direct it, etc... on some level we all want love. So let's start planting those positive seeds so love can bloom, shall we?

Repeat after me:
I AM loved and loving!
I AM loved and loving!
I AM loved and loving!


1 comment:

ayearandadaywicca said...

Love it! Good reminder for me to think positively and believe in the positive change..