Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Man that I Love...

"Some day he'll come along,
the man that I love;
and he'll be big and strong,
the man that I love;
and when he comes my way,
I'll do my best to make him stay;
he'll look at me and smile,
and I'll understand;
and in a little while,
he'll take my hand....
the man that I love."

---Ella Fitzgerald, The Man That I Love

The man that I love….

  • will be hard on the outside and soft on the inside.
  • will always put me first.
  • will buy me books instead of flowers and candy.
  • won't be able to sleep without me beside him.
  • will know what I want without me having to tell him.
  • will always make sure my car is in working order.
  • will never leave the house without kissing me.
  • will call me just to hear my voice.
  • will find my quirks charming.
  • can spend a whole evening holding me without saying a word.
  • will smile whenever he looks at me.
  • will open jars for me even though I can do it for myself.
  • will pull out my char for me at restaurants.
  • will never make plans for both of us without consulting me.
  • will believe in my magic, even when I don’t. 

Blessings....

2 comments:

Mister Lee said...

"will know what I want without me having to tell him"

So you're a magician looking for a mindreader?

I can't argue with the rest of your list, but this one is a recipe for passive-aggressive crazy-making.

How about "will actually listen when I express my needs and wants", instead?

Carolina Dean said...

"So you're a magician looking for a mindreader?"


In the sense that I shouldn't have to tell him over and over. For example, I like Mountain Dew. You know that, don't bring me a coke!