Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year End Review





2012: In the Cards
This will be a year in which you re-evaluate your thoughts, beliefs, and your personal reality.  It is now time for you to put your knowledge and experience to practical use. Frustration and anxiety results when you take on too much responsibility for the spiritual growth and education of others. Though you can advise, and lead by example, it is important to remember that your journey is yours alone and you must make time to nurture your own spirit. 2012 promises to be a year in which you complete many major projects which will lay the foundation for great success and prosperity for years to come. However success can often breed contempt and jealousy, so keep your wards up on all fronts and trust your spirits.


Commentary: At this beginning of the year, I did a tarot-reading for myself and a numerology report to see what 2012 had in store for me. Had I known exactly what kind of year it was going to be I would probably have just hid under my covers until mother-nature birthed 2013. 

The year started off very hard for me. I had been on unemployment for almost a year and a half and was working at a job that I absolutely hated but one which I have very grateful to have. As much as I hated my job, I worked hard and did my best even as I attempted to find something better and further my writing career. I did find another job which offered me better hours and more money unfortunately, however, they couldn't afford to hire me full time for a few months. So for two months I found myself working two jobs 7 days a week and working on the premier issue of The Hoodoo Almanac in what little spare time I had left. 

Eventually, I was able to quit the job I hated, but that didn't mean that I had it easy for the rest of the year. My new job was in an industry that was completely foreign to me, I had to work hard to grasp new ideas, gain new skills, and adopt new procedures. Nine months later, I have come a long way in my new career having taken on more and more responsibilities. In addition, the Hoodoo Almanac was a huge success and we are currently working on the 2013 edition which will be available for pre-order next month. And finally after being single for some time now I have been steadily seeing a handsome, younger-man for a couple of months. 

Clearly, balance was the theme for my year because I would not have been able to do everything that I accomplished without maintaining balance and harmony in my life. Speaking of balance, with the sweets come the sour, with success---contempt and jealously. Boy did the cards not lie about keeping up my protections! As some of my loyal readers are aware, I have recently come under attack by a former associate who has chosen to hate me for reasons only they are aware. However, that is neither here nor there. I am not going to address the conflict but wish her well in her endeavors as I myself move on to bigger, better things and a brighter, happier, healthier future!

I would like to thank you all for the support you have shown me both openly and in private; and may 2013 bring you, my loyal readers, all the love, happiness, joy, success, health and prosperity you are due..... AND MORE!

Bless you all, 

Carolina Dean









No comments: