Preliminary: Today your client is Hard-Luck Hannah who has come to you for a reading and rootwork advice. Hannah is a 20 something mother of two and she asks:
“I have the worst luck of anybody I know. Ever since my husband got out the military we have struggled with money, car, and health issues with not just me but my children too. I would like to know of any items or rituals I can do for myself to bring us good luck, good health, and just better overall well being? I have always been a very positive person but life is really starting to make that hard.”
- The Past: As a former military family, you are coming out of a way of life in which many sacrifices were made but one in which you also had a certain amount of security. With that life now behind you, the Hanged Man here speaks of seeing things from a different perspective. Everything for you has been turned “upside down” and you feel like your “hands are tied” from making any positive change.
- The Present: The Two of Cups here in the reversed position reaffirms what you brought up in your question. Your health has been adversely affected, your relationships have suffered, and you feel like you don’t have a solid foundation on which to build your new life.
- The Future: On the surface, this card looks very grim. It is an indication of confronting one’s fears, of experiencing loss and/or betrayal; however it also an indication of overcoming those fears and healing from the pain of loss. Often such experiences can be a blessing in disguise (notice the hand gesture the figure is making is one of blessing) because these experiences make us stronger. Next to the Two of Cups reversed it may be an indication of infidelity.
- The Outcome: The Ace of Wands here is an indication of the life that is waiting for you. A hand (opportunity, a helper) reaching out from a cloud (blockages, obstacles) to offer you a living branch. Aces represent new hope and new beginnings which promise to bring many profound changes. The challenges of the past served as an initiation to test your resolve. Do not let fear hold you back, now is the time to act. Let your intuition be your guide.
The trick to prescribing spells based on divination is not only to know the basics of spell construction, but also to be able to think of the symbols and pictures of the Tarot cards as spell components themselves. Just like other aspects of divination, however, you will also have to tailor the spells to the client’s situation and needs.
- 10 of Swords: Prayers of Thanksgiving
It has been said that God never gives us more than we can handle. In the bible, God often tested people with profound challenges before he allowed them to achieve greatness in his name. For example, when Jonah was tasked by God to call upon the people of Ninevah to repent their sins he refused. Jonah boarded a ship and was swallowed by a whale. Jonah called upon God for mercy and God made the whale spit him out after three days. Jonah went on to become a great prophet praising God’s name. Saul of Tarsas was struck blind and went on to become a great Apostle; and Job was tested by God through Satan by removing his wealth, losing his family, and cursing him with boils. In the end his wealth was doubled, his blessings were restored and more.
Therefore, every morning, get down on your knees and pray the 23rd Psalm (The Lord is my shepherd…) and better it be if your husband pray with you. Each night before bed repeat the prayer together. Be thankful for the good in your life, but also be thankful for the challenges and the obstacles for therein lies the opportunity for you to overcome, to have life and have it more abundantly. Maintain your faith in God’s greatness, trust that he has a plan for you and, as a loving God, that plan includes only the best for you.
- Ace of Wands: Peaceful Home
Once you have begun to change the way you think you are going to call in blessings for a peaceful home. The day before the New Moon, the entire house should be cleaned before dark, bedding changed, and floors swept from back to front and out the front door. Finally, any non-carpeted floors should be mopped with a cleaning agent that includes Pine-Sol or Ammonia and the water thrown out the front door with all ill luck.
The following morning, rise before dawn and take a cleansing bath consisting of salt, cinnamon-sugar, and a cap-full of ammonia. When you are done gather the following items.
- Blue Candle
- Olive Oil
- A coin for every household member, plus 1.
- Pen & Paper
- White envelope
- Sewing Needle
Begin with a simple prayer such as the following: "God before me. God behind me. God Be with me and work through me to accomplish this task. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want for peace, protection, comfort, and security. Surely, these things will surround me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever. In Jesus' name. Amen."
Place a pinch of basil in the corner of every room in your house. Next, take your pen and paper and write the names of all those living in the home on a piece of paper, place the paper in the white envelope and set it aside. Using the sewing needle, gently carve the names of all those who live in the house on the blue candle.
When you are done, take the olive oil and pray the 23rd Psalm over it and then use it to anoint the candle stroking it towards yourself saying "With God's blessings may the cup of my home overflow with peace, prosperity, comfort, and security forever and ever. In Jesus' name. Amen." Sprinkle some rosemary on a flat surface before you and take your dressed candle and roll it through the rosemary towards you several times so that the rosemary now sticks to the candle. As you roll the candle towards you repeat your prayer above.
Set the candle in a holder and place the white envelope underneath. Anoint the coins with the oil saying: "With God's blessings may the cup of my home overflow with peace, prosperity, goodness, and mercy forever and ever. In Jesus' name. Amen."
Place the coins at the base of the candle, light it and pray the 23rd Psalm out loud and with conviction. When the candle has burned out. Place the coins in the white envelope, seal it and put it in a safe place. If there are any remains from the blue candle, they should be buried in your back yard.
This section will be updated once the client has had time to absorb the information, make use of it, and chooses to share feedback with me concerning the advice she has been given.