Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Mailbag Monday: How to Name Your Mojo Bag

Dear Carolina Dean, 

I received a mojo-bag from a spirit worker with instructions to give it a name, but I have no idea how to do this? Can you help me?

Signed, 

The Nameless One

Dear Nameless,

Thank you for your question. First of all I'd like to address why we name our mojo bags. A mojo bag is not an inanimate talisman, but rather the physical body of a spiritual ally. In short, it is a living thing and as such it should have a name just like you were given a name when you were born. Psychologically speaking, assigning a name to your mojo helps one to facilitate the idea that it is a living thing with it's own personality, habits, needs, desires, etc....

That being said, there are several ways in which a name may be assigned to your mojo bag. They include, but are not limited to the following:

  • You can either name your mojo yourself, or it may communicate its name to you during the processes of making the mojo bag. For example, once after making a mojo bag I had a dream that I met a man named "Jake" the following day I encountered or heard the name Jake three times. I took this as a sign that the mojo wished to be called Jake and addressed him as such thereafter.
  • I have known workers who name the doll after themselves calling it Little So-and-So. For example, my name is Dean so my mojo would be called Little Dean, Dean Jr., or Dino, etc... The problem with this, however, is that if you have more than one mojo, you can't call them all Little So-and-So it could get quite confusing.  
  • Conversely I have known workers who name their mojo bag after a person or figure who is known to be successful in whatever the endeavor the mojo was created for. For example, because Samuel L. Jackson is known for being a prolific actor who has starred in many, many films you might want to name a steady-work type mojo bag "Sammy" or "Jack"; or you might want to name a betwitching type mojo bag  "Jolie" after Angelina Jolie, who is known for her beauty and sexual attractiveness. The idea here is that the mojo will take on some of the luck/success of the person that it is name after.
  • In my own practices, drawing on my Jewish roots I often chose a biblical name whose meaning spoke to my goal in a direct manner. For example a protection mojo may be called Samson after the biblical strong man; or a mojo for prosperity may be called "Jethro" which in Hebrew means "Abundance."  If you go this route, you do not have to limit yourself to Hebrew names and can draw upon names from various cultures. It may be helpful to purchase a book of baby-names that also give the meaning of the name.
  • Finally, I have known workers who open the Bible at random and name their mojo after the book of the bible to which they opened the book (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc...).
Once you know the name of your mojo bag, use that name when addressing the bag communicating your needs or asking for its assistance.

Blessings, 

Carolina Dean 

No comments: